Who can be exposed to
Who can be exposed to asbestos?
- Workers who worked in an asbestos-heavy industry
or those who handled asbestos products
- People working in the vicinity of boilers and
- Workers who worked in shipyards, aboard navy vessels
or on the construction or renovation of commercial building have a greater
chance of exposure to asbestos
- Teachers, students, or other staff members who
work in older school buildings are at a risk of exposure to asbestos products
like ceiling or floor tiles and people living in old building
How can one be
exposed to asbestos?
Asbestos fibers can release into the air during demolition
work, renovation work, building or home maintenance, repair, and remodeling.
Basically, exposure can occur when the asbestos-containing material is
disturbed or damaged.
exposure to asbestos:
The three major diseases that can occur due to asbestos
- Lung cancer
- Asbestosis: it is very serious, long-term,
non-cancer disease of the lungs
- Mesothelioma: it is a very rare form of cancer
which can be found in the thing lining of the lung, chest, abdomen, and heart
Because of the health hazards that asbestos causes, the use
of it has been reduced as compared to before but has not been totally
Link to asbestos mesothelioma attorneys
Link - Asbestos Exposure
Link - Asbestos Victims